- Congrats to Caitlin for successfully defending her master’s thesis. Great job Caitlin!
- Lab renovation is just about done. Can’t wait to move in!
- Great job to Jessica’s Mammalogy and WFSC 302 students. Congrats on a successful semester!
- Fall 2013 semester - survived! Yippie!
- Two proposals submitted in early December. Finger’s crossed!
- Caitlin’s manuscript submitted to the Journal of Parasitology has been accepted! (pending revision)
- Caitlin and Jaime both presented at the annual Entomological Society of America meeting. Great job guys!
- A whole batch of NSF Graduate Research Fellowships were submitted early November 2013. Good luck everyone!
- Submitted Chapter 1 of Caitlin’s master’s research!
- Postdoc Justin Henningsen gives the EEB on 16 October 2013: “What you’ve got or how to use it? Signals and performance in the green anole lizard”
- Another manuscript submitted, this time to Journal of Parasitology (16 October 2013)
- Mohamed Noor visits TAMU for a EEB seminar. Great to see you Mohamed!
- Lab renovation is loud, but awesome!
- Pocket gophers are not cooperating as of late. Boo.
- Mammal trapping continues to be insane at the collections with the mammalogy class. Next trapping session is next week....I wonder what we’ll catch?
- Successful mammal trapping in South Texas at San Antonia Viejo Ranch (East Wildlife Foundation). Much needed after very low trapping success all summer. Great job Aleyda, Oona, and Justin!
- Two manuscripts submitted to Western North American Naturalist the week of September 9th
- August mammal trapping at the collections was insane. Record breaking trapping success (> 25%)mostly due to a population increase for Sigmodon hispidus.
- I’m way behind for updates for 2013, sorry!
- August: Welcome to the lab Adrian, Aleyda, Whitney, and Oona! Big lab for Fall 2013, just in time for our lab renovation.